At the bottom of this policy, we’ve also provided instructions on how you can access, amend, and delete the information we collect from you.
By using this website or communicating with us, you are agreeing to the terms of this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us via info@Tibetdaily.com.
How we collect your information and the kinds of information we collect
We provide a personalized service to all of our clients. To do this, we collect personal information from you both actively and passively.
We actively collect information in the following ways
- Through our website inquiry form. This includes information such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, and other details about your travel requirements that you wish us to know.
- When you subscribe to receive updates from TibetDaily. We collect your email address upon registration and you may also be asked to provide other, optional information that will help us to better serve you in the future.
- When you contact us via email, over the phone, face to face, via social media, and via travel agents who may contact us on your behalf. We will collect your personal information and details about your travel requirements. We will also ask you for optional information so we can better serve you.
- When you make a booking with TibetDaily we will require information, such as your passport details, that should only be sent via the secure link provided to you by our staff. Even if you are not booking flights with TibetDaily, this information is still required under Chinese law and will be needed to book tickets/hotels and apply for Tibet Travel Permit.
Please note that if you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, it is your responsibility to ensure that have given you permission to disclose their information to us and that they understand how their information will be used.
We may passively collect information from you in the following ways
- By using Google Analytics, a third-party service that tracks user behavior patterns on our website. This service allows us to passively collect certain kinds of non-personally identifiable information. This might include the type of web browser you use, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on our website, and the specific pages you visit. We use this data to improve our website function and services.
What we do with your personal information
The personal information that we process may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your request. It will be accessed by our staff, and carefully selected third-party partners fulfilling your travel requirements
- We will send you newsletters and offers via the email address you provide if you have opted in to receive them. You can unsubscribe any time using the procedure outlined below in ‘subscribers to our newsletters and emails’.
- We may store your information after you have made an enquiry or have finished using our services so that we can better personalize your experience in the future.
- We may use your personal information and feedback to review and improve our products and services, and for internal market research.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you provide us but no system is 100% secure or error-free. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security or accuracy of the information we gather.
We reserve the right to share information about client demographics, website traffic, our products, and our services.
The sharing of information
We will never sell or trade information with other companies for marketing purposes. If you make an enquiry or a booking with Asia Odyssey Tours & Travel Company Limited, some of your personal information may be required by our partners who are helping us to fulfill your travel requirements. We will try to ensure that your information is processed in accordance with relevant data protection requirements but third-party partners will be governed by their own privacy policies.
Asia Odyssey Tours & Travel Company Limited reserves the right to disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or in response to a request from public authorities.
Subscribers to our newsletters and emails
Should you choose to subscribe to one of our TibetDaily newsletters, either directly through the TibetDaily website or by choosing to receive the newsletter in our customer service center, you will receive our newsletter and other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications via email, you may opt out by clicking on the clearly marked ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any TibetDaily marketing email. You can also unsubscribe by emailing newsletter@TibetDaily.com and providing each email address you would like us to remove.
Asia Odyssey Tours & Travel Company Limited will retain your data for as long as you use our services or as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
Accessing your data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information you send us is accurate. If you’d like us to correct or delete your personal information, please contact us via e-mail at info@TibetDaily.com.
Please note that you may be asked to verify your identity before your request is approved.
The collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old is done only with parental consent and will only be used to fulfil travel requirements. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. If we do change the policy, it will be posted here, along with its revision date. We encourage you to review this policy periodically for any changes.
Asia Odyssey Tours & Travel Company Limited is located at Room 1102 and 1104, Tiefoduan No.1, Wuhou Avenue, Wuhou District, Chengdu. Please contact us via email at info@TibetDaily.com.
This policy was last revised on 8 June, 2019.